Torrione S. Francesco

Torrione San Francesco, built in 1513 by readapting a pre-existing fortification dating back to the time of the Serrezzana War (1487), was part of the section of wall defending the northern part of the town. Nearby was the gate known as 'dei morti' (no longer in existence), in the direction of the Church of San Francesco, outside the city walls.